- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs top sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large bell pepper cut into large chunks
- 1-2 medium red or white onions cut into 1 1/2-inch squares
- 10-15 grape tomatoes or tomatoes cut into chunks
- About 20 bamboo or wooden skewers
Mix olive oil, lemon/lime juice, garlic, basil, honey and soy sauce together in a bowl and add cubed meat. Cover marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes – several hours or overnight is ideal but not necessary.
Soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes prior to grilling to prevent burning if using wooden/bamboo skewers.
Thread meat and vegetables onto skewers in desired order; the more space between, the easier the meat will cook. Coat skewers with remaining marinade.
Grill 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally.