- Business name
- Who is the maker, baker, or grower behind this booth?
Gloria Ohrt, Margaret Atkins and Angela Atkins-Malo
- Tell us a little about your story… How/why did you start your business?
GRO Porcelain is a family collective of two sisters and a niece. Two years ago we entered the Market full time and find some of the best ideas come from our customer interaction.
- How long have you been a vendor at OSFM?
Two years full time; 25 years seasonal prior to that.
- How far from OSFM are you located? (in kms)
- Tell us about your products
Work is made by sketching out detail, then hand carving original pieces. It is wide ranging – custom dog pieces, birds, wall art tiles, Christmas ornaments, miniature sculptures, collectibles, etc.
- What is your most popular product at the market?
The new line of Wall Art Tiles with over 20 designs that can be used as wall hangings, back splashes, or in fireplace surrounds. The most popular of the designs? It’s a dead heat between the Dragonfly Tile and the Tree of Life Tile.
- What’s an interesting fact about you, your business, or your products?
Most unique custom item requested? A porcelain miter saw ornament for someone’s husband – hope he also got the real thing!
- Where else can people find your products?
Only at the Old Strathcona Farmers’ Market or our Sherwood Park country studio.
For more information, check out their listing in our Vendor Directory