- Business name
Gold Forest Grains
- Who is the maker, baker, or grower behind this booth?
Cindy & John Schneider, occasionally their kids Garreth & Gretta Schneider
- Tell us a little about your story… How/why did you start your business?
We enjoy being part of a proud legacy of creating healthy soil, land and healthy food for our kids and our customers.
- How long have you been a vendor at OSFM?
8 1/2 years
- How far from OSFM are you located? (in kms)
43 km north of Strathcona Farmers market or 10 minutes north of St Albert
- Tell us about your products
Grow certified organic ancient or heritage varieties of grain. Stone mill flour fresh every week in small batches. Everything is non-GMO, absolutely no pesticides or herbicides are used on our farm
- What is your most popular product at the market?
Heritage park flour and red fife flour for bread baking and soft white wheat flour for muffin, cookie, pie baking. Einkorn for the most ancient variety.
- What’s an interesting fact about you, your business, or your products?
Our Organic Heritage Park Wheat Flour was a finalist at the 2019 Alberta Food Awards. Many customers sensitive to wheat (not celiacs) can have ours because of the variety how it is grown
- Where else can people find your products?
Please check website: goldforestgrains.com for stores, restaurants and other small businesses that use our flour and grains as well as Bon Ton Bakery
For more information, check out their listing in our Vendor Directory