It’s asparagus season!! For a limited time, Edgar Farms have their farm fresh asparagus at the market – hurry in this Saturday to get some sweet, hand-snapped asparagus. Enjoy it grilled, roasted, baked, and more! Some delicious-looking asparagus recipes can be found here.
Did You Know?
- The purple color on the tips indicates high sugar content
- The thicker the spear, the sweeter it is!
- Because it is hand-snapped, you don’t need to trim the ends
- Edgar Farms uses no chemicals on their asparagus
- Harvest in Central Alberta goes from May-June, depending on the weather
Edgar Farms grows asparagus, peas, and beans, and traditional crops on their sixth generation family farm. They also raise beef cattle. Their unique Central Alberta location provides the ideal soil conditions and cool climate to produce flavourful, fresh, and tender produce. Be sure to visit them next time you’re at the market!