Chief Executive Officer
Old Strathcona Farmers’ Market Society
Posted Dec 7, 2018
The Old Strathcona Farmers’ Market Society is looking for a passionate Chief Executive Officer to support our Board of Directors. This position would involve ensuring all practices, activities, decisions, supervision and strategic plan are conducted in a professional manner.
Old Strathcona Farmers’ Market is Edmonton’s biggest indoor year-round farmers’ market. Fresh from the farm to your family, featuring over 130 vendors selling only the freshest locally grown food and hand-made goods.
About the Role
- Strategic planning and change management initiatives to develop new plans to ensure the success of the Market;
- Relationship builder able to build constructive connections with local business communities, municipal government, political players, staff, vendors, and clients
- Direction of marketing and communications for the Market;
- Supervision and direction of some staff and contractors including Human Resources tasks;
- Financially responsible for budgeting, expenditures, and revenues;
- Analysis of emerging internal and external trends that impact the operation;
- Ensuring regulatory compliance is met through local bylaws and provincial legislation;
- Overseeing the operation of the Market in conjunction with the Market Manager;
- Managing the insurance, intellectual property, capital maintenance, and capital projects;
- Supporting the Board through preparation of policies, finances, operational activities and meetings.
About the Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Agriculture;
- 7 – 10 years of working experience in a related field;
- Experience in a Farmers Market environment and board governance with an actively engaged board and members is an asset;
- Strong experience in business strategic planning, implementation and financials in a complex environment;
- Strong written, verbal and social media communication skills;
- Experience in a supervisory or management role including leading a team, building relationships and providing mentorship;
- Creative and pragmatic thinker comfortable with innovation but aware of and able to work with the practicalities;
- Well-organized, self-motived professional with the desire for new challenges and responsibility.
What We Offer
- A strong and locally supportive culture based on respect, communication and teamwork;
- An excellent compensation package that includes compensation and benefits.
The CEO is a new position. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Applicants are invited to state salary expectations.
Interested applicants should forward their cover letter and resume as soon as possible to email@example.com, as this posting may close at any time.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants moving forward in the interview process will be contacted. No phone calls please.